Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Minneapolis--Down by the River, Mall of America, Dinner With the Milroys

We continued our walk along the Mississippi River.

We stopped to inspect Horseshoe Dam. 




We ate dinner at Wildfire and were lamenting the fact Glen's 4-day weekend was coming to an end.
Tuesday morning Glen was up and at 'em going off to work.

Just as a reminder, the hotel he stays at every week is just a sidewalk away from his work building. This photo was taken from our hotel window.
While Glen was working and making money all day, I was at the mall spending money.
There were not a lot of people in that ginormous mall, so it almost felt like I had the whole place to myself.
The adventure park in the center of the mall probably would have had more riders if not for the mommy/tot activity going on elsewhere in the mall.
The little ones were being treated to a full-blown live concert, complete with dancing panda bear.
I treated myself to a movie at the mall and really quite enjoyed this Christian drama where a couple is encouraged to turn to prayer to save their failing marriage. 
It was good to meet up with Glen at the end of his work day and drive to Bacio for dinner.
Our dinner companions were Doug and Sandy Milroy. He is the CEO of G&K and they are a delightful couple. Something we learned about them is they love to compete in sailing competitions.
I said I wouldn't talk about how good the food was after my first statement a few posts back, but I just have to comment on the steak at this restaurant. It was absolutely DELICIOUS!! Our best meal of the whole trip! Thanks, Milroys, for treating us to such a lovely dining experience!
The next morning was the last day of our trip. Glen went off to work as usual. There he is standing in the brick circle striking a pose for my photographing pleasure.
Off to the Mall of America I went once again. There was a cool display made with cans of pumpkin.

This is the other side of the display.

I would have gone to another movie if there had been a decent one to see. Instead, my treat for the day was a dairy-free frozen yogurt with lots of fruit added on.
It's a good thing we got home from our trip when we did so we could help my brother Mark get from the airport to our house to spend the night and then up to Mom and Dad's house the next morning so they could drive him to Twin Falls where he hooked up with Michelle. 

She had taken Hailey to BYU-Idaho to get settled there for her first day of college and didn't want to drive all the way back to Yakima by herself. Hence this plan Mark hatched for how to get himself somewhere in the vicinity to drive back with her.
This ends my posting about the week I spent in Minnesota with Glen. I think this store sign describes how I felt while I was there. 
One final photo--my favorite of them all.
It is typical of the beauty of the many trees, bridges and bodies of water I saw during my time in the great state of Minnesota.

No comments: