We had a day at sea and so we made our plans of what we would do to keep us busy all day long on the ship.
There was a specialty buffet they were setting up that had this ice carving and several watermelon carvings sitting around.
In the piazza, we watched a fruit and vegetable carving demonstration. Several of the chefs showed us how they made different animals and centerpieces using various fruits and vegies.
Glen and Nani are consulting the Princess Patter once again. It was a very important piece of paper that you never wanted to be without.
I'll tell you what I never wanted to be without--and that was cheesecake!!
I quickly learned my favorite place on the entire ship was the International Cafe. It was the only place that offered this little delicacy. Sometimes it would be topped with a strawberry. Another day it might be topped with cherries.
Either way--I loved, LOVED, LOVED eating cheesecake every single day on the cruise.
Actually, I LOVED eating cheesecake several times during every single day on the cruise. I would have hoarded up and carried off these little round pieces of deliciousness if it hadn't been a crime to take food off the ship--they were that good!
For some reason, I was the only person having a love affair with cheesecake. But, I profusely thanked each and every person who went with me to satisfy my specialty dessert craving. I'll take this time now to once again thank each and every one of those people. Usually it was Glen, but in his absence, if the desire flared up, there was always another family member who gladly stepped in to go with me to get my fix.
There's one person in particular (Kathy) who would also indulge in getting herself something sweet to eat as well. Her flavor of choice has always been and will always be chocolate. I loved when she got not just one chocolate dessert, but two chocolate desserts. (Just for the record--I never got more than one cheesecake at one time. I was exercising great self-control.)
Here are some of our dinner plate pictures.
After dinner, some waiters in our area started singing Happy Birthday and were carrying the following dessert (complete with the Princess logo on the side) with a burning candle and were walking right towards our table. They set the chocolate creation right down in front of none other than ME!!
WHAT??!!?? My birthday is not until November. I quickly looked around the table to see who it really was meant for and realized none of us were having a birthday. Then I looked over at the other table and saw one of my dear brothers (Mike) laughing his head off at the funny joke he was pulling on me.
Funny, funny! Ha ha! At least I got a good dessert out of it. For not really liking chocolate all that much, this little creation was quite divine. And it was only offered to people celebrating a birthday or an anniversary.
Never fear!! I wasn't the only one at our table celebrating something. The waiters came singing and bearing a flaming dessert once again to our table. This time it was legit. Mark and Michelle had celebrated an anniversary earlier in the month.
Most of the family liked getting dressed up and staying dressed up in the evenings.
Imagine how cute this picture would be if it wasn't all blurry. I wish I had gotten the "wear red tonight" memo so I could have matched my sister and my mother.
There were a couple of couples who enjoyed changing back into casual as quickly as possible after dinner. I'm glad we were able to find someone willing to take a picture of the whole group of us while we were all dressed up..
Here's the whole bunch of us in all our finery.
2 comments:
I love the formal wear. You guys all look so nice!
Why does it seem like every activity you participated in revolves around food?
What a fine looking group that is!
Jacob
Post a Comment