One day Rebecca had business in Provo and decided to take Brooke with her so she could play with her friend while Rebecca was busy. That meant Caroline and Spencer were staying behind with me. Caroline was not very happy about that. She loves playing with Brooke's friends and wanted to go, too.
I bribed her to be happy staying with me when I told her we would be making cookies. She loves making cookies and her face brightened with that idea. But first, I had to go to one visiting teaching appointment. Fortunately, Ben had consented to watch the kids for me. Spencer was asleep and this is what I saw when I came back home 45 minutes later...
Caroline had fallen asleep while playing. I love that her pillow is the little toy computer. She quickly woke up when I told her I was ready to make cookies.
She loved eating the cookie dough. Spencer ate his cookie cooked.
Caroline was happy with the lei Glen had brought home for her that he had gotten from a golf tournament.
Despite all the happiness she experienced, she was the most happy when her mother returned home to get her.
Glen and Jeff went golfing one Saturday afternoon. Sarah decided to take advantage of it by leaving the little boys with us while they went to the temple in the morning. Glen entertained Eli by getting him to help make breakfast.
Glen invited me to go on an overnight work trip to Boise last week. I love going with him if I can. He kept reminding me it was a work trip, so he would be working the whole time. That point was made evident to me when he made an appointment to go to dinner in Twin Falls with one of his employees. We were able to go to the Twin Falls Temple before his dinner appointment.
We got settled in our nice hotel room where I would hang out when he was busy working.
Here he is working. He kept reminding me it was a work trip for him.
Off he went to his work dinner appointment and fortunately for me, he arranged for the employee to pick him up and drop him off back at the hotel so I'd have the car. He went to Outback and it was Applebee's to go for my dinner that evening.
I went to the Magic Valley Mall to walk around. It is a very small mall, but by the time I walked around the inside of the mall and then all around the outside of the mall, I'd gotten some exercise for the day.
Next day we drove to Boise where he worked for a while at the G&K branch there. I went to get him some lunch and then left him there all afternoon and drove over to the Boise Mall. That one was huge and beautiful and I loved walking all through there for a while. I tried to be in the shopping mood, but I just couldn't bring myself to really get serious about finding something suitable to wear when everything I saw didn't appeal to me. I guess that's lucky for Glen that I didn't spend any money on clothes at either one of the malls.
Originally Glen thought we would be gone two nights, but he finished up in Boise early enough that he decided to drive all the way back home that night. Since hitting the cow and the deer while driving (excuse me--he says the deer ran into him), he has not been too fond of driving in the dark. But the last hour and a half we were on the freeway, not on two-lane country roads, and he decided to go the distance so we could be home for bed.
It was a nice relaxing trip for me. Too bad it was a work trip for him. I like to think his work was a little more pleasant those two days because he had company in the car.
Now here's the BIG NEWS in the family...
Abe and Klarissa had a baby boy on August 17th. His name is Newland Michael Thomas and he weighed 8 lbs. 1 oz. I keep asking for a family photo of the little family that I could post on this blog, but since I have gotten nothing, I will take things into my own hands and have stolen this picture from them to post because I love it so much.
Here's the proud papa holding his new little son.
I love watching our children become parents. It is special to see. How blessed this little guy is to have such great parents. We love him already and are so happy Klarissa is recovering so well from the delivery.
Happy days are here for the Abraham Thomas family!!
No comments:
Post a Comment