Thursday, June 17, 2010

A New Baby In a New Home

Sarah thought it would be so great to have the baby right after they moved into their new apartment so she could sit on the couch, holding the baby and resting, while she told me where to put everything and I could do all the work. That was funny stuff!


Well--it happened almost just like that when Sarah delivered Eli the day after they moved. I definitely did my share of cooking and cleaning to help out the recovering new mother.



Sarah got a little more involved in the setting up of the house than just sitting around all day long.


And we always had a project (or two or three or more) for Jeff each day when he returned home from school. Aside from putting lots of stuff away, fixing the vacuum, hanging pictures, putting up curtains, etc., I think my favorite thing that he did was recruit his brother to help him get their new washer and dryer installed and ready for use.


I wish I had taken pictures of the place when we first arrived, to have the before and then after photos, but I didn't. So, what we have now is the finished product of all our hard work of getting Jeff and Sarah's new apartment turned into a beautiful home for their family to enjoy.










The Excell home is now in order.



And it is definitely more complete with the addition of baby Eli.

7 comments:

jlthomas said...

It looks so great, I'm impressed! And I love seeing pictures of the new little family!

Rebecca said...

Was that a kitchen table I saw?!

sarah said...

Ha. I'm as shocked as Becky is to see our kitchen with a kitchen table. It's been a while since we've had a real kitchen table.

I'm glad you posted the pictures of our apartment so I don't have to. It feels good to be all moved in and have a nice, clean, organized house.

sarah said...

I just noticed you didn't even get a picture of our big "grouping" project. I've gotten a lot of compliments on it by the way. We did good, mom.

Kim said...

Sarah, I did post a picture of the "grouping" project in a previous post where Jeff is holding the baby in one arm and is working on putting batteries in the bouncer chair with his other hand. The only bad thing about that photo is that it has all my luggage and stuff in it. So sorry!

I'm surprised none of you noticed and commented on what doesn't belong in the "baby changing station" photo. It's something we certainly hope Eli doesn't inherit from the Thomas side of the family.

There should be a prize for the first person to comment on what I'm referring to...

jlthomas said...

Glen's nasty toe! And I noticed the grouping in the previous post and thought it was very cute, great job ladies!

jlthomas said...

Jacob noticed the toe right away as well.