Monday, June 14, 2010

Baby Eli Excell Born

Sarah had her baby. I needed to be taken down to Cedar City to get dropped off for the week. Rebecca and her cute traveling companion decided to go along for the ride.



Here's my cute traveling companion... Yes, he's back to wearing the reflective bug-eye shades because he broke his newer, more stylish sunglasses.


As we were driving, I kept watching the temperature go up and up and up. It was very hot when we arrived at our destination. But, by the end of the week, the temperature made a turn-around and on the day I left, it was very cool. Glen had played in a work golf tournament in Payson before coming back at the end of the week to pick me up and he wished he hadn't worn shorts because it was so chilly that day.


We planned to arrive at Jeff and Sarah's when they were coming home from the hospital. Eli was born 6 days early on June 4th and weighed 7 lbs. 14 ozs. He was on oxygen for a while in the hospital and had an I.V. and then needed to be put under lights for jaundice. When he was released from the hospital, he still needed light treatment, so he slept on a bilibed for a few days at home.



Despite the instructions to keep him on the light bed as much as possible, this new grandma was happy to get to hold him for a few minutes after a feeding so we could do some bonding.


Eli Excell, 3-days-old, at the doctor's office checking his bilirubin count. Not in the right range. Back on the bilibed for another couple of days.



Eli Excell, 5-days-old, back at the doctor's office to check his height, weight, head size and blood count. Good news this time. No more bilibed! That meant he could wear cute clothes instead of just a diaper and we could hold him as much as we wanted.









I think I enjoyed watching Eli have a bath more than Eli enjoyed having his bath.




There probably are no happier people on earth than Eli's proud papa (who said he's going to have to learn to do everything one-handed now that he's a father)... and Eli's adoring mother.



What a lucky baby to be born to such loving parents.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Eli looks so adorable sleeping on his bilibed. Also, I love the crying picture at the doctor's office. Isn't it just mean the way the nurses knead your baby's foot to get the right amount of blood out?

jlthomas said...

I love seeing all the Eli pictures, can't wait to meet the little guy! His shorts look so huge on his little chicken legs! The apartment looks so nice and decorated for just moving in.

sarah said...

It was great spending the week with you mom! Eli misses his granny.