Friday, October 2, 2015

Disneyland Here We All Come!

After all the hype about our Disneyland trip, we were finally going to go to actual Disneyland. We wore these snazzy red shirts that Dallas helped design.

The children all have Disney lanyards around their necks with Disney pins on them. They can trade their pins with any Disneyland employees they see. The pouches can hold their entrance ticket, money or (in Luke's case) lots of candy that the Excell family was sharing with the family.





Off we went first thing to the Carsland part of the park.

Look! There's an imposter in our midst! We learned red is a popular color for people to wear to the theme park.
I don't know exactly why Natalie looks a little funny in this photo, but I do know this was the day she was really not feeling very well. She was coughing a lot and feeling downright miserable. So much so that the next morning Jacob took her to a doctor where she got diagnosed with bronchitis. Poor girl!!
We managed to get all together in another big family photo--minus two babies in strollers.
It was easy to spot our group as they moved along in line while I stayed outside with a napping baby.
Newland joined in the street show where the green army men were conducting an interactive activity. Note: Newland is the short one and the two other kids in red are not part of the Thomas family.
Time for a lunch break. I just love it when Spencer sits cross-legged.
FYI: We learned Disneyland gives out free cups of ice water whenever and wherever you ask for it. Believe me when I say we asked for water often because we happened to be in Anaheim during a heat wave. It was so hot and sticky every day we were there. Ice water was our saving grace!
There was a fun wilderness/explorer area where a lot of us congregated at one point during the day.








Another time we made a big hook-up was for the parade. We got front-row seating so the children had a great view of everything that passed by.
Doing the Mickey Mouse ears while waiting for the parade to begin.



We all hooked up for a family dinner at one of the Disneyland restaurants that evening.





Ahhh, family togetherness. Gotta love it!!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I love the pictures you got at the parade! Sad I missed that cute photo op.

I'm glad we managed to get TWO great group shots this trip! Loved this day...and all the rest of them for that matter.

Rebecca said...

The Mickey ears photo turned out great! I love it! Whose idea was that anyway? :)