Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Disneyland - Day 3 - Light Blue Shirt Day

Third day at Disneyland was light blue Olaf shirt day.

The words on our shirt are a play on the Love Is an Open Door lyrics sung by Hans and Anna in the movie Frozen:

Our mental synchronization
can have but one explanation
You and I were just meant to be.
Looking so cute in our synchronized matching t-shirts.



Disneyland was all decked out in their Halloween decorations in mid September.
First thing inside the park we spotted Goofy in his Halloween costume walking right by us.

Emma and Luke spotted a Disney team member who had a collection of pins they wanted to check out to see if they wanted to make a trade with her.
I watched over Claire while the group went on the Matterhorn. She had found one Minnie Mouse glove at the house and insisted on wearing it that day.



Yippee skippee!! We went on It's a Small World again. I love that ride! It is a ride everybody can go on, it is a long ride, it has lots of colorful things to see and it is in an air conditioned building. Ecstasy on such a horrifically hot and humid day!

Look at that stash of candy Jeff was carrying around. It saved the day a time or two during our days at Disneyland when some child became unhappy.
Another highlight of this particular day was when we went to see the Aladdin show. Here we are patiently waiting for our whole group to arrive so we could go in together and be able to sit together.
The antibiotic Natalie was given started to help her feel better, but she still wasn't quite her normal self and chose to sit down to rest whenever she could. 
Jacob's family decided to go in so they could get in the air conditioned building while we waited outside for the others to join us for the show.

At one point I saw Sully from Monsters Inc. walking down the street. I hurried Carson over to look at Sully walk by. Thinking Carson would be impressed, he surprised me when he declared, "That's not a show!" 

Smart kid. We had been priming him to see a show and that little moment on the street definitely did not qualify as a show!
Turns out we didn't all need to go in together to get seats together because Jacob's family worked their magic in saving enough seats for all of us to sit together. The Goldens did not join us because they had seen the show earlier.

Notice the sleeping baby in Sarah's arms. He woke up just as the show was beginning.
Notice the sleeping guy next to me. He stayed asleep through the whole first half of the show.
Lincoln always made everyone who looked at him so happy because he always has the cutest smile on his little baby face. All of Sarah's boys have the prettiest blue eyes.
California Screamin' was popular with the big people. Haley tried it once and then was happy to sit out with me and the smaller children while some went on it again.
The roller coaster zoomed right past us just beyond the railing.
Eli and Claire took a little rest time eating some suckers from the Excell candy bag.

Roller coaster pose for those who survived the ride.
We called it a day at the park and made our way to the parking lot to smash us all into the cars to get back to Belle's Castle house. 

Abe's family had flown back to San Francisco the day before. We missed them!!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I love the light blue shirts! They are such a good color for our complexions and I was quite amused whenever I was standing in line and noticed people read the words on our shirts and either not get it at all or totally get it and nod with a smile in approval.

I loved ALLLLL the sleeping Aladdin goers.

I'm glad you captured the CANDY BOAT bag because that was one of my favorite memories and I don't think I snapped a picture of Candy Boat Bag in action.

So fun to relive this now that the trip is fading away into a distant memory.

Rebecca said...

Nice picture of Goofy! We never saw him.

I love Claire's gloved hand. Ha! I also never saw this.

Did we even see you this day?!