Each one of the older grandchildren was assigned a letter from our last name to decorate. We all signed our first name on Dallas's computer. Then Sarah worked her magic to make it all come together in this finished product.
When we got to Disneyland, we found a big crowd with long lines outside of Disneyland. This is the crowd waiting to get through the security check before we could get in a line to get into the park. It was crazy busy that day.
Not only was it very hot and humid, but it was also a random teacher work day at the local schools, so the park was extremely crowded all day long. It was a bummer because that week typically is one of the lighter weeks at Disney and we weren't expecting such crowds.
Look at everyone waiting so patiently in line for our first ride of the day.This is the castle backdrop while waiting in line. It was the only castle picture I took. I kept waiting for a good time to get a group shot in front of the castle and it never happened. Sad!
We're on our way to the It's a Small World ride. I love that ride.
I especially love that ride when I am on a boat with this good-looking group of people.
No teacups ride for me, thank you! Spinning and twirling is definitely not my cup of tea!
Another one of my favorites is the jungle cruise ride. Glen and I took the little people who weren't big enough to go on the Indiana Jones ride. Natalie stayed with us because she was still trying to get over her bronchitis illness.
I loved the intensity of Eli, Logan and Carson's faces as they looked at everything in the jungle the guide was pointing out to them.
Glen got this panicked look on his face as he was digging around in each one of the pockets in his cargo shorts for his car key. Each pocket yielded no key. He peered inside the car to see if he may have locked it in the car first thing that morning and no key was spotted.
This posed a serious problem since we couldn't just call Triple A to open the car for us. The key wasn't in the car, so that wouldn't help. We had no spare key with us.
Thankfully Jeff and Sarah were getting ready to exit the parking lot at that point and we flagged them down for a ride back to the house.
The problem was they had very little room for four extra people. Glen sat up front with Jeff. Sarah moved back to sit between Carson and Lincoln's carseats. Ben propped himself halfway on the seat where Eli was sitting. The other seat in the back had been taken out to make room for the double stroller. Haley wedged herself in the space by Eli's feet.
That left me perched precariously on top of the wheel well with the gigantic stroller as my armrest.
Thankfully the house is only about a mile away from Disneyland.
Thankfully we arrived back safely at Belle's Castle with only a slight delay in getting dinner ready for the group. Looks like Madison enjoyed her dinner.
Glen made a call to the local Toyota dealership to see if they could make us a new key, but they needed the car to do it and we weren't ready to pay to have it towed at that point. We were still trying to figure out all our options.Dallas suggested we have a neighbor send us our spare car key. That was a great idea!! Our neighbor Kathy Jacketta happily got the key and overnight FedExed it to us to solve our problem.
In the meantime, we were down one car for a couple of days and that was a bit obnoxious, but we made it work.
2 comments:
I've been dying to inspect that Thomas family group shot of us. Love it so much I already stole it and instagrammed it so thanks for that.
Loved your "not my cup of tea" comment. Ha!
Also loved visualizing the moment dad realized his keys were gone as that was part of the situation we weren't blessed to witness. Ha! Glad that worked out without the need of a tow truck!
You can't attribute the whole idea of the green shirt to me. I'm pretty sure Jacob's kids inspired the bulk of the idea!
I love the sibling picture and the picture of us all with you and Dad. They turned out great! (Will you please send them to me?)
The lost keys! That's another inconvenience I've already forgotten about.
Post a Comment