Thursday, October 2, 2014

Me Hanging Out With Jacob's Family the Rest of the Week

As I mentioned previously, I was so happy I was able to stay longer with Jacob's family. Look at these cute faces I got to see each morning.
I watched Natalie at her cheerleading practices.
This little trio made me smile as they stood up front in Family Home Evening with Logan doing the conducting, Luke giving the lesson and Claire being the reverence child.
Luke's lesson was on tithing and he had a tithing receipt puzzle for his siblings to put together.
Claire would venture over to me if she wanted some books read. Here we are all snuggled up together on the couch reading together.
 One day when Logan was in preschool, Laurie and I went to lunch with Rebecca Billat.
Rebecca is my friend from Georgia who moved to Spring, Texas about a month before Jacob and Laurie moved there. They were in different wards, but recently there was a big ward realignment in their stake. Now the Billats are in Jacob and Laurie's ward.  Now Rebecca Billat is Laurie's Relief Society president. Awesome!!!

Rebecca is always looking out for our kids and is quick to report to me the good stuff they are doing. The first report was shortly after Jacob moved there. Rebecca texted that she thought she just saw Jacob at a stop light. Another time she texted a picture of Jacob's family at the stake crawfish boil. I love her updates! And I love her! So glad to have a good friend watching out for my son and his family.
Emma is getting better all the time on her violin. It was fun to listen to her practice and see how she has progressed since last time I listened.
Natalie is so good in the mornings to console Claire while Laurie takes Emma and Luke and some of their friends to school. Instead of carpooling, they usually all bike to school and then another mom bikes home with the group of children.
One day we had a super fun outing where we went to the duck park. As soon as the ducks realized there was a loaf of bread in the area, they were in hot pursuit of it.
Logan started to get a little nervous when they began to encroach upon his space.
He felt much safer from the ducks when he was sitting high atop a picnic table.
When the ducks came a swarming (do ducks swarm??), Laurie and Claire soon joined him on top of the table.
There were a lot of hungry ducks at that park!!


We made a stop at the library. It was a very kid-friendly library.
We caught the free trolley at the library. We took the 30-minute tour all around the Woodlands Waterway. We could have jumped off at any of the numerous stops and then got back on again later, but we chose to just enjoy the ride before the children got too tired and hungry.


The children all love eating at Lupe Tortilla. Not so sure if it's the food they love or if it's the generous frozen dessert that comes with each kid's meal.




Spaghetti for dinner--minus the spaghetti sauce for Natalie and Emma.
 Bedtime pajama buddies.
 There was a BYU football game on television that night. Jacob got the popcorn all ready.
Claire began feeding her dolly the popcorn.
Jacob actually paused the game so the children could perform a song they had been practicing for my benefit. So cute!!
This group of people decided we would rather play a game than watch a game. It was a fun way to spend the last evening with my sweet grandchildren. I appreciated so much everyone's hospitality. And I really appreciated Glen for coming up with the idea to have me stay a full week in Texas. I loved it!!!
Ben was so kind to pick me up from the airport when I flew in a couple of hours earlier than Glen. I was able to go grocery shopping before going back to the airport to pick up Glen.

We got a kick out of the pile of mail on the table and the little handwritten note from Brooke.  
I did not get such a kick out of one of the letters I opened up.
When I was called to jury duty in Georgia, it was for a two-week period of time. This is for a three-month period of time. So, family, leave me alone for the next three months. I'm on jury duty!

Not only was the amount of time disconcerting, there was another troubling bit of info in the letter. It said I was to respond back within 10 days or there would be a warrant issued for my arrest.

I had been out of town long enough to exceed the 10-days mark. So dear family, if I go missing anytime soon--please check the local jail first.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Jury duty?! Gasp! Does having daughter(s) who need you to babysit for them constantly count as a valid reason to be excused as a juror?