Rebecca has inherited the Thomas terrible toenail problem. The toenail on her second toe has been having issues for quite some time.
When a child stepped on it at church, she was in so much pain she decided the nail had to come off.
She came home from the doctor the next day proudly holding the talon that had once adorned the top of her toe.
I asked if she could at least put the disgusting thing somewhere other than on the counter top where we fix food.
She kept getting the thing out to show anyone who was willing to take a peek at it. Later, I was so disgusted when I saw it lying there--minus the bloody gauze--right where she'd just prepared food for her children.
It totally grossed me out until I looked closer and realized it was just a piece of the dark edge she had cut off the Black Forest ham she had fed the kids for lunch.
Rebecca was hoping the bright red bandage would warn people she had an injured toe and they would be careful around her. Spencer noticed it and kept following her around to try and grab the red thing.
After all the hassle and grief Rebecca gave her father over his thick, discolored, disfigured big toenails, she is now living out the same story.
Unlike her father, she did not want anything put on the toe to kill the nailbed. She is hopeful if she spends enough money having the doctor coddle the toe back into healthiness, she can again sport a regular toenail on that toe.
As for now, fare thee well to the disgusting toe talon!
4 comments:
You should have posted a "view at your own risk" disclaimer - that is disgusting! I am still hoping this gene did not get passed on to my husband.
You know how they say women should "leave some to the imagination?" That toenail is something that should have been left to the imagination. I successfully got out of your house last week without even catching a glimpse of that nasty thing and here you are giving me a front and back shot of it. Gross gross gross! Good riddance to yet another disgusting Thomas toenail!
Oh my. This post even grossed me out!
I agree with everyone's comments! This post definitely needed a disclaimer, that was so gross!!!
Post a Comment