Despite some family members being very tired from staying out late at the ball game the night before, we all got ready for church and we met Sarah's family there.
Lincoln had colored a picture of a temple (see picture above) in Primary. Carson had drawn a picture of the previous night's activity as he sat listening in sacrament meeting.
We had leftover Raising Cane's chicken fingers for lunch, and then the men settled into a long afternoon nap.Carson and Eli played Codenames with Sarah and me while the men slept. I really like that game and the boys were good at it.
Once the men were back with us, we had a Come Follow Me lesson (given by Glen). Then we settled in to watch a family movie together. Thomas family tradition continues with popcorn on Sunday.
We ate a delicious roast beef dinner with the Excells before we said our good-byes and hugged each one of them. It had been so nice being in their lovely home, eating delicious food, having fun outings and being together once again.
The next morning we were out walking on the Las Vegas strip once again. This time we found a parking garage that was free. We were surprised to see that many of the big casinos now charge for parking.
We had a big long walk that morning because we didn't have the hour-free-parking limit. We wanted to get plenty of steps in before we got in the car and headed to St. George.
We rested in our hotel for a while--giving me a much-needed little nap so I could keep my eyes open during the evening play.
We had a big long walk that morning because we didn't have the hour-free-parking limit. We wanted to get plenty of steps in before we got in the car and headed to St. George.
We rested in our hotel for a while--giving me a much-needed little nap so I could keep my eyes open during the evening play.
Glen had been wanting to go back to Anasazi for dinner. We got to the restaurant right as it was opening.
We had been there several years ago with our friends and Glen loved cooking his steak on the hot rock and wanted to have that experience once again.
I wasn't as excited to cook my own food, because I really enjoy going to restaurants to have someone else cook for me.
We had been there several years ago with our friends and Glen loved cooking his steak on the hot rock and wanted to have that experience once again.
I wasn't as excited to cook my own food, because I really enjoy going to restaurants to have someone else cook for me.
The server gave me some tips on how to cook it just right and, if I say so myself, I did a magnificent job cooking my chicken and shrimp to perfection!
We were there to see "The Count of Monte Cristo."
We had gotten in, cooked our food and eaten it all much quicker than we anticipated. So we decided to walk through a mall before heading out to see the play.
We enjoyed looking out over the valley and spotting the St. George Temple from our vantage point.
Then it was time to drive to Tuacahn. It is such a beautiful setting with the red rocks as a backdrop.
We were there to see "The Count of Monte Cristo."
While standing around waiting for the theater to open, we heard someone call our names. It was Jim and Julie Christensen. They were one of our missionary couples who were serving in the office when we first arrived on our mission. It was delightful to see them again!
While we were talking to them, I spotted my very own brother, Sam, and his wife Kathy in the crowd. We had no idea they were going to be there that evening. It wasn't long until we spotted our good friends Jan and Bill Evans. They were there with Lane and LaVona Lewis, Bruno and Collen Kossin and one of LaVona and Colleen's sisters. We never got close enough to them to take their picture.
I was marveling at how many people we were seeing there that night. Kathy pointed out that when you stand by the restroom, a lot of people pass by.
This is the view of the Tuacahn stage with the beautiful red rock mountain as a backdrop. The play was very enjoyable. I was glad I had a nap so I could stay alert.It had "cooled down" to 97 degrees by the time we were leaving. Heat is not my friend, but somehow I made it through without getting a heat stroke and declared the whole vacation a smashingly fun, relaxing success!


No comments:
Post a Comment