Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Wynne's 6th, Jonah's 4th and Carson's 9th Birthdays; Kidney Check-up; Glen's Root Canal

 Wynne celebrated her 6th birthday by having a unicorn-themed birthday celebration.

Newland wanted in on the FaceTime action with us.
Jonah was excited for his 4th birthday. 
He had a French toast birthday breakfast.
Time for playtime with presents!!
He was eager to show us what he got for his birthday.
The boys helped make a garbage truck birthday cake. The circle on the top is where the trash gets dumped into the truck. 
A guy came with a big machine to chew up the tree stump at the corner of our house, so that project is finished now.
I needed to have an ultrasound of my kidneys and get my blood drawn. It was a surprise to see my good friend Jamie Jensen at the Farmington University of Utah Health Clinic. 

I thought, oh no!! She's going to be nervous drawing my blood when she finds out my veins are not easy to jab. Sure enough, she tried once and didn't have success. She asked the other medical assistant to give it a try and she was able to find a cooperative vein. HURRAH!!
I was able to see my results before I went to see the doctor. The creatinine number is what has raised some concern with several doctors now. Even back in California I was referred to a nephrologist because of a high creatinine level. That doctor didn't even know why I went to see him. He found nothing to be concerned about. 

My new general physician and my cardiologist were both concerned and so I got referred to a nephrologist here. I had visited with him in a telemed appointment and he felt like I had nothing to worry about, but he ordered these tests to be done several months after that initial visit.

And now here I am looking at my numbers and noticing my creatinine levels are still high, but are going down. 


The doctor pulled up this graph of my creatinine levels and exclaimed, "Look at that beautiful line!!" He didn't seem to care at all that my line was above the green line. 
My kidney ultrasound conclusion read "unremarkable." Apparently that is a very good thing for a kidney patient. 

What really got me excited was the following chart. I had been upset to be previously diagnosed with stage 3 kidney disease. From the looks of my number 63, it looks like I have moved lower down into stage 2. HURRAH!!

I really like this doctor. He's happy, optimistic and personable. 

I tried another new recipe. This time it was cube steak, and I pulled out the brussels sprouts recipe once again to go with it.
Let's face it. I'd much rather have someone else do the cooking besides me. That's why I always get excited when our good friend Jan Evans invites us over to her home for dinner. 
Jan always sets such a beautiful, festive table.
She had Mandarin Restaurant prepare the food for us. YUM!!
Even better than the food is the wonderful group of friends who surround the table: Grant and Diane Stewart,; Rick and Debi Winder; Bill and Jan Evans; Dennis and Jane Crandall; Lane and LaVona Lewis; and Bruno and Colleen Kossin.
We were able to have another night out when we went with my parents to see the play "Daddy Long Legs" at the Hale Centre Theatre. It was the first time we've been back to see a play in over a year. We did have to wear masks, but it was worth it because the play was so very delightful. 
There was only one actor and one actress. They were magnificently talented in their singing and acting. There were also three musicians who played constantly through the whole play. Great music, great singing, great acting, great entertainment!!

After the play we tried to go to Red Lobster, but there was too long of a wait. We ended up ordering take-out from Texas Roadhouse. Horror of horrors--they did not have any rolls ready and Glen did not want to wait the 15-20 minutes it would take for the rolls to be done. That was a MAJOR disappointment!!
Poor Glen has been dealing with a very bad toothache this past week. One night during one of my many wake-ups, I noticed Glen wasn't in bed. I went down to check on him and found one miserable man. 

He was able to get in to see the dentist the next day who then referred him to an endodontist for a root canal on that tooth that already had a crown. Glen was hoping the crown would be able to be saved, but that wasn't the case. 

Dr. Bronson gave Glen a prescription for an antibiotic and told him he could take Advil and Tylenol to help with the pain and inflammation.
Thankfully, the endodontist Nani worked for made room in his schedule to do the root canal on Saturday. Glen's mouth was already so sore and then keeping his mouth open for 2 1/2 hours was miserable. 

He consoled himself by eating his favorite anti-stressor treat--Popsicles. I wish I could say he is doing great now, but he is still in a lot of pain. He decided not to take the Advil and Tylenol today and by this evening, he was hurting and took some so he can sleep.
Rebecca has been experiencing some pain of her own. The pain of dealing with their basement remodeling project. It has been, and continues to be, a nightmare for them. Things are not getting done to their standards nor on their timeline and it has been more than frustrating for them.

To top it off, their washer and dryer have been moved out and she has had to come up here to do her laundry. She and Dallas came up on date night and put in a load and then went off to get something to eat.
Dallas was craving Waffle Love. They said the waffles are made out of bread dough instead of waffle/pancake batter. I would have ordered what Rebecca ordered, with cream cheese frosting.
The weather has been nice enough here for Ben's family to enjoy some outdoor play and kite flying. FUN!!




We're off tomorrow on our first vacation since Covid lockdown a year ago. We are going to Las Vegas to see Sarah's family. That will be a definite rise in temperature for us to experience.

No comments: