Let's start out with a cute photo of Klarissa and Magnus. Looks like happiness on Hilton Head Island.
We have been getting daily updates on how Dallas and Rebecca's basement remodel job is coming along. It's slow and laborious and especially so since so many things had to be fixed that the previous owners had attempted.
As Abe and Klarissa are involved in a total house remodel, I couldn't help but laugh when I saw this and thought of them.
I thought of Mom when I saw this little funny.
It could be Mom sitting there with all of us children looking in awe at Sam's baby book.
Because of that, I vowed I would be an avid baby book keeper for every single one of our children from oldest all the way down to youngest.
I will have to cut Mom a little slack after trying to keep up with all five of our children's baby books. I did my best. I haven't yet had a child complain they were neglected, but I sure found it easiest to complete and put the most work into the first child's book!!!
It snowed again. Each time it snows, it is a big deal because this year has been such a dry winter. Each time it snows, I continue to marvel at the beauty of the freshly-fallen snow.
We continue to have people coming to talk to us about our roof and see what the various opinions are for how to fix our problem. No decisions have been made yet about what we are going to do.
Glen and I received our second Covid-19 vaccination Saturday. It was as quick and easy as the first time. This time Glen's arm muscle did not twitch. He was surprised when the Band-Aid was put on as he said he didn't even feel the needle go in.
I was surprised when we were told we would be fully immunized in a week. I thought it was two weeks after the last vaccine. For the Pfizer vaccine, we were told it is one week. HURRAH!!! Just in time for Caleb and Natalia's wedding festivities to begin.
And just in time for general conference weekend when we are having Rebecca's and Ben's families over for breakfast, conference viewing, Sunday dinner, more conference viewing and then popcorn to finish off the family fun Sunday.
We did our 15-minute wait in the parking lot before heading off to Chick-fil-A to pick up some food to take home for a late lunch.
We both had very sore arms by that evening making it very painful to try and sleep. It was a long night for both of us. On Sunday we seemed to be doing fine and our arms were getting less sore.
That afternoon Glen was freezing and needed a nap. That night he was fevering and achy all night long; thus having a second night of very little sleep.
I slept pretty well that night and was feeling happy I wasn't dealing with any side effects of getting the vaccination... Or so I thought... Turns out that was premature giddiness before the exhaustion set in...
I had been struggling and stressing throughout the week preparing something to say to the missionaries in the Mexico Cancun Mission.
Glen's counselor from our mission presidency, President Marin, asked if we would take part in their zoom missionary zone conference.
Of course Glen was thrilled!!!! Of course I have been sweating a lot over what to say and how to say it.
Google Translate has been my best friend during the process. I would type in an English sentence and immediately the Spanish translation would pop up. Then I would copy and paste it and move on to the next sentence.
This scripture stood out to me one day as I was pondering what to talk to the missionaries about, so I decided to use it as the basis of my message.
Glen helped me refine Google Translate's version and I practiced and practiced saying my part in Spanish. I can't pull Spanish out of my brain to speak it, but I have learned how to read and pronounce words correctly (mostly...) in Spanish. I felt good about my message and about how well I delivered it in Espanol.
When it was Glen's turn, he just came alive! He loves teaching. He loves teaching missionaries. He loved being a part of that zone conference. It brought back memories for both of us. He did an awesome job speaking in the native tongue of most of those missionaries.
After the zone conference ended, we spent a few minutes zooming with Presidente y Hermana Marin. They are such good people and we enjoyed catching up a little with them.
Once the zoom call ended, I was hungry, but was so exhausted I didn't have enough energy to fix us something to eat. Glen offered to take us out to eat. I felt like I had earned a nice meal after all that stress. We were already all dressed up for the occasion, so we made a date of it.
The rest of the afternoon and the whole next day I was so exhausted!! I am pretty sure it was more than just the stress of the zone conference. But, I'll take a sore arm and a few days of exhaustion to prevent Covid from invading my system!!
Sometimes (well--a lot of times) I just shake my head at what I read and see in the news. This one had me laughing!! Seriously???!!???
Let's see what Rebecca's family has been doing during their spring break. They went to the dentist. No cavities!! Looks like their dentist gives out fun toys.
Their family did a service project cleaning up tree branches at their Grandpa and Grandma Golden's house.
They built forts.
Sarah's family had spring break as well and decided to take a break from Las Vegas to go to St. George.
It looks like Wynne has Magnus's rapt attention as she's reading him a bedtime story.
Magnus continues to be such a doting big brother to Monty.
These pajama, new baby photos are absolutely adorable!!
There is so much sweetness about this photo of Magnus as the family learned about Palm Sunday when Christ entered the city of Jerusalem during the final week of His mortal life.
He rode in on the back of a donkey just as an earlier prophet said He would. A large crowd came out to greet Jesus and covered His path with palm branches for Him to ride upon, thus demonstrating their understanding that Jesus was the same Lord who had delivered Israel anciently.
Easter is so often symbolized with colored eggs and cute bunnies. I will admit these bread bunnies are absolutely adorable!!
Putting Christ as the focal point of our Easter season is much more spiritual and fulfilling.



















No comments:
Post a Comment