I took them on a tour of the church building and let the little boys run wild and crazy around the gym while Glen was busy finishing up a training session for the missionaries who had been out 8 weeks.
Lincoln and I had some bonding time in the entryway of our home. There are two steps going down to the living room and he was having the best time playing on those two stairs.
Carson and Eli had gotten new Lego sets to assemble when they got here. They both played so cute together with their Legos whenever they were home.
A very kind grandpa wanted to take his grandboys (as he calls them) to a fun place. Turns out it wasn't very crowded, so it was awesome.
Once back at home, the meal planner got us busy making the delectable desserts she envisioned had to be made to qualify the meal for the next day worthy of the title "Thanksgiving dinner."
Ignore the two bags of candy. They were not part of the ingredients of our delicious dinner.
Look at these cute boys!!
Jeff got in on the cooking action Thanksgiving Day morning. He loves to make his specialty cheesecake.
Glen got the turkey in the oven and then we were off to spend the morning at the beach!Lincoln got sidetracked with some birds.
He's still getting sidetracked with birds.
There seems to be a continuing bird theme going on with Lincoln.
Eli spent so much time out in the water enjoying the waves that he missed the crazy car parade going on up on the coastal road.
It was fun watching the three boys playing in the sand.
We old folks enjoyed sitting on the bench...
...until one of us got so tired he decided to trade in the bench for the grass. Where is Lincoln when we have a bird so close???
We had a great time at the beach until we started craving our Thanksgiving feast.
Both Jeff and Glen were not as keen on the traditional cornbread stuffing as Sarah and I were, so they decided they needed someone to stop at a store on the way home to get some Stove Top stuffing.We volunteered to go to the store. Lo and behold, we saw a Spanish store and in we went to find this blessed sight. One lone box of Stove Top stuffing! Hallelujah!
(Don't anyone tell Sarah and Jeff that there were actually 4 other boxes next to the mashed potatoes and that I removed them to stage this dramatic photo to text to them.
But honestly, this is the view I saw when I first glanced down the aisle and I just wanted to recreate the excitement I felt when I saw the one lone box and felt like we were the luckiest people in the store to have gotten the last box.)
The cooking turkey smelled so delicious when we walked into the house.
It wasn't long before we had all our food spread out on the table and everyone was ready to dig in and eat the feast.
But first, a family photo. Minus Sarah. She was taking the photo. We should have had Eli take the picture because he was purposely busy hiding behind Jeff for the photo.
We have many things to be thankful for this year as in years past. Glen and I were very thankful we had the Excell family here with us.
2 comments:
Yay! I love this. I'm impressed by your deceptive Stove Top stuffing picture and that it took me this long to discover the truth behind "the last box."
I see the annoyance of the white trash bag on the beach now. That did distract from the picturesque scene.
How did I never once notice Lincoln chasing the birds when it seemed to be his main beach activity?! I was probably more concerned about Eli being eaten by a shark.
Favorite picture was the one of dad getting a beach nap with us (and the trash bag) in the distance.
We're ready to come visit again.
That bench on the beach looks familiar! Looks like you guys had a nice Thanksgiving day at the beach and then feasting afterwards. I love the staged stuffing photo. Ha!
Post a Comment