Bear found its rightful place to take up space since Bear has always been considered part of the family.
The children were told there are no toys in this house, so they brought their own.
Of course they can always count on Grandpa providing a popcorn treat.
Three of them loved having bubble baths in our big bathtub.
Bedtime stories after baths.
Late bedtime snack for these two.
Spencer couldn't get enough of his grandpa's French toast. He must have wanted a full belly to be ready for our outing for the day.
We have come to realize we will probably be spending many days at the San Diego Zoo and decided to buy a season pass this time and wished we had bought it last month when we were there with Abe's family.
Caroline was on the look-out for her favorite zoo animal--the flamingos. She didn't have to look for long because they were right there by the entrance.
The gorillas put on quite a show for us with several of them lumbering by and sitting close by the window to do their eating.
Family togetherness...well almost. Grandpa/MP was getting missionary phone calls despite it being p-day.
Here are two little monkeys outside the fence.
I think the meerkats were my favorite animals this time. They are always busy burrowing in their holes. And there are always a couple of them standing at attention on the look-out to see if any danger is approaching.
Hmmmm... Where do we go next?
2 comments:
I'm working on my zoo post as we speak! Now I guess I don't have to. :)
1) Okay. The picture of the kids in the bath, I debated for like 5 minutes whether the person watching, not in the water was Becky or Caroline. Finally confidently guessed it's Caroline, but that was a bit of an optical illusion for a minute.
2) Caroline's flamingo shirt at the zoo in front of the flamingos. Priceless! That looks like an awesome zoo!
3) My boys LOOOOOVE meerkats! Eli got a book about meerkats once and spent a whole week obsessed with them.
4) Was that new recipe the Mel stir fry one she just posted with barbecue sauce in it?! I need to start scouring recipes for our stay!
5) This made me even more excited for us to get there!
Post a Comment