Ben read about the birth of Christ from the Bible.
We opened presents.
Next day was wear-your-BYU-clothes day. Breakfast before the rally.
BYU pep rally in Union Square where I got mugged.
I guess I technically didn't get mugged because I wasn't beaten or robbed. It was more like a purse-snatching. But, then again, my purse didn't actually get snatched. It was more like an attempted cell phone snatching. But, thankfully there were some observant, trustworthy people standing next to us who noticed the guy snatching my phone out of my purse in the back of the stroller and one guy grabbed my phone out of the snatcher's hands and put it right back inside my purse.
That will teach me to keep my eye on my belongings and not so much on trying to get pictures of the BYU shenanigans while in Union Square.
Ben got a good picture of Klarissa, Abe and Newland with Cosmo.
Christmas wreaths in all of Macy's windows. Looked so beautiful lit up at night.
Glen pushed Newland in the stroller back up the steep hills to the apartment where Newland slept and Glen worked. The rest of us went to see The Hobbit. They all liked it. It was not my favorite.
Abe having a good time in front of the movie posters.
Dinner was at a place where we cook the food ourselves.
After dinner activity was swimming in our hotel pool. Newland loves the water.
Klarissa left early the following morning to catch a flight to Utah for a friend's wedding. Glen and I went back to IHOP for breakfast again. The boys left us to our own devices that day until it was time to hook up for the ball game.
BYU playing in the Hunger Bowl.
I laughed so much when I saw this picture. It gives us an idea of what Ben would look like sporting the Duck Dynasty look. (Beard courtesy of the fur on Newland's hood.)
Newland kept his eyes on the guy with the strange cougar cap who was sitting behind him.
On departure day, Abe snatched Newland out of a sound sleep (believe me--he and Ben were in a sound sleep as well) and we were on our way driving back home to hook up here with Klarissa. First stop: buffet breakfast in Reno, Nevada.
Our other meal on the road was a McDonald's at a gas station stop. YUM! Yeah right!?!
Home again. I opened the Christmas present Sarah's family gave us. Cute photo!
Cousins' reunion huddled around the popcorn poppers.
Sarah and I were getting a kick out of Rebecca's pregnant tummy. She carries her babies straight out in front like a basketball is stuffed in her shirt. Baby is due first week of March.
Poor Abe got the vomits which lasted about 24 hours. Thankfully little Newland didn't have any throwing up issues. New Year's Day Abe's family flew back to San Francisco.
By the time they left, Newland had warmed up quite nicely to us. But his favorite was always Ben.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
1 comment:
You never told me about your mugging! How exciting!
Cute pictures. I especially love Newland relaxing in the pool and drinking his McDonald's apple juice from a straw.
Post a Comment