It was held at Sam and Kathy's home.
There was lots of delicious food.
Ladies waiting patiently in line.
Entertaining myself while waiting for my food by posing for a picture with Rebecca.
After eating, we got busy with the activity part of the party. Amanda gave each of us a quilt block and asked us to write on it a nice saying or advice to the new baby and then sign our name.
Kaelyn thought it was kind of weird to sign her block as "Mom." Might as well start now getting used to the name she will hear repeated again and again and again millions of times in her lifetime.
This is her own advice.
This is what some of the rest of us wrote.
Rachel had lots of advice to give.
Time to open presents for the baby girl. These are just a few of the many gifts she received.
Thinking up advice and watching Kaelyn open all those presents made me hungry again. I ate a whole second plate of food before leaving the house to hold me over the rest of the day. I was very excited I got to take some of the food home with me which provided a daily meal for me for the next several days. YUM!!
I think it just tasted so much better than the camp food I had been eating earlier in the week. I couldn't get enough of it!
It was a super fun party and a great activity for a baby shower. We are anxious to see the baby quilt all put together by Amanda. She's a very crafty girl! Good luck to Kaelyn on her delivery due the middle of July.
2 comments:
Great documentation, Mom. Great party, Amanda! (Are you reading this?)
I remember thinking when Eli was a baby that it would be SO WEIRD when he was old enough to call me mom! I understand her hesitation in writing "Mom" on her square.
It was such a fun party! You did get a lot of cute pictures, mom!
Post a Comment