Monday, July 12, 2010

Stadium of Fire

Okay, so we decided it was high time we went to Stadium of Fire in Provo to see what all the excitement is that we hear about each year for the 4th of July. We bought our tickets many months ago, so we've been anticipating this event for quite some time. Glen had such a great idea to get a hotel within walking distance of the stadium so we didn't have to deal with the traffic. It was fun to see all the different musical acts and singers with Carrie Underwood being the featured guest singer.



One cool part of the evening was when they recognized 100 years of the Boy Scouts of America and attempted to make the largest Eagle nest ever. They had all the boys and men in the stadium who have earned the rank of Eagle Scout stand up, open up their program to the middle page and hold up the picture of the Eagle Scout badge.


And, of course, the fireworks were awesome at the end of the show.



It was a great way to celebrate Independence Day, but I'm going to admit something--I kind of missed going up to the golf course by our house to watch the fireworks. It's been a great tradition for us to do every year that we've lived here. But, sometimes, I guess we just need to break from tradition to see what else is available out there for us.

3 comments:

jlthomas said...

So are you going to be starting a new BYU game day tradition of staying in a hotel within walking distance of the stadium to not have to deal with the traffic?

I heard some fireworks went into the stands and hurt somebody--is that true?

sarah said...

Way to broaden your horizons this year! I miss the Eaglewood fireworks also, but what I really miss is Stone Mountain. Family trip next year?

Glen said...

Ah yes, Stone Mountain was awesome. I miss that too. Not sure about a family trip because Ben said he would not do any more family trips until he was married so I do not think that will work.