Monday, March 1, 2010

32nd Temple In 32 Years

A family that I home teach had both of their children in a play at Snow College.  The play was West Side Story so I thought it would be a fun excuse to have a get-a-way with Kimmy so we planned on going.  We stayed at a little hotel right by the Manti temple.

When Kim and I were first married I set a goal to go to a different temple each year on our anniversary.  Life ended up getting in the way of that goal and I really lost track of it.  I have, though, kept track of our temple attendence together and as I was recording this temple visit, I counted up that this temple marked our 32nd temple in 32 years so maybe I am reaching that goal after all.  Especially since we went to this temple in our anniversary month.

Here is a night view of the temple.

A little bed and breakfast place that we had dinner at before we went to the play.

Alas, when we awoke on Saturday morning we found 4" of snow.  This was when we were glad we listened to the forecast and took Kim's car so we could get around in the snow that morning.






 After the snow was cleaned off, it was off to the temple.  This was fun for me because my mom and dad were married in the Manti temple and I remember it as being a special place growing up.  In fact, back in the day when we made little missionary cards as we went on missions, I chose the Manti temple to be the temple on my cards because of the significance that it had to me growing up.

For those that do not know the story.  Shortly after my mom and dad were married, my dad was called to go on a 3  year mission to New Zealand.  Little did he know when he got home he would have a 2 year old boy waiting for him with my mom.  I kept thinking about that as we went through the temple and as luck or fate would have it, the High Council talk that I was giving the next day was on the Law of Sacrifice and Consecration.  My parents certainly showed an example of that from their sacrifice in the early days of the church.


It was a great day and I would highly recommend the Manti temple to any and all.

2 comments:

sarah said...

What a pretty temple. I'm glad you guys are temple-goers. You have made me want to go to as many temples as I can with my husband. it's a fun goal to have.

What I want to know is-if you knew it was going to snow...why didn't you bring an ice scraper along with the Beemer?

Klarissa said...

What a sweet post Glennard. I had no idea about your Dad serving a mission right after they were married. I guess being married to a banker is as close to that in modern times as possible :) I agree with Sarah, you have inspired everyone around you to love and attend temples wherever and whenever possible.