Inspired by the expert bread bear maker, I tried my hand at it and came up with the following--which I'm sure everyone will agree is a real close second to the professionals.
After some wrapping of seran wrap and sticking a bow and a tag on each one, we were ready to make deliveries to the 9 families on our list.
The good thing about living in Utah is that most people aren't that familiar with the San Francisco novelty bread, so they were very content to accept my amateur token of food art. "Beary" Christmas to all!!
6 comments:
Oh mom! I was just in Lin's grocery store with a girl from one of my classes and they had some bears just like those in the bakery section. And then I laughed and told the girl you make bears like that every year. Glad to see the tradition is still alive!!!
I was about to start my comment with "Oh mom!" Sarah beat me to it.
Those are just too cute for words.
Okay, I have another comment. I just clicked on the San Fran pictures to see them better. In the first one, there is a girl in the reflection of the window. For a second I thought she was me. Freaky.
I like the baker on the left in the second picture. She doesn't look happy to have her picture taken...
As a group of us were standing outside there looking into the window watching the breadmakers at work, I made a comment and the girl on the left commented right back at me. It startled me so much because I didn't realize that they could hear everything we were saying and she could communicate back to all of us. She was actually a very cute, animated girl who was telling us all about the expert baker next to her and what a good worker he is and what goes on in that bakery. So, when I look at her I smile because she was such a fun girl and really helped us enjoy our experience watching them make their specialty breads.
So cute Kim! Nice work!
Your bears definitely beat Boudins! We will be expecting our bear in the mail any day - we would like a bow tie and top hat.
Post a Comment