Friday, March 5, 2021

Madison Now 7; Roller Blading Grandsons; Covid-19 First Vaccination Scheduled

The Goldens went to see Matilda at a local high school. Rebecca continues to be amazed at the youth in this area who are so talented in their acting and singing.

Madison had a birthday and she is now 7 years old. Cute birthday girl!! When I asked what her "birthday cake" was this year she said it was sugar cookies with sprinkles on the frosting. YUM!!

I should probably make note of other family birthdays. Jeff and Rebecca both had birthdays the week before Madison. Rebecca was lamenting the fact she was turning 40!

Here's a quote from Glen: "Jeff doesn't whine about his birthdays."
These are the 5-month baby picture comparisons of Kade and Levi. 
Ben's comment: "Kade had already had a haircut. Levi on the other hand..."
Abe's family went to see the movie Tom & Jerry. 

Some more fun with those little Thomases.




Abe sent a video of Newland at the skate park going up and down ramps, hopping on and off raised platforms and racing around the park like a pro. His skills are impressive!


While one grandson was exhibiting his rollerblading skills in Florida, Carson was honing his roller blading skills in Las Vegas.

All that exercise worked up an appetite! Notice the Excells got a new sectional couch. Looks very nice.
What cute little twinning brothers, Jonah and Lincoln.
There haven't been any rollerbladers around here quite yet. There is still snow on the ground. The other day, while looking out our kitchen window, Glen spied 10 deer. I wasn't able to capture all of them in one frame. Most of the others were down in the trees and were much harder to see.
I had to sarcastically laugh when I read this.  
It's hard to believe it's coming up on the year mark since the worldwide Covid-19 pandemic and shut-downs began.

We have been hoping to get our Covid vaccinations soon. I am happy to know Dad and Mom have gotten both of their shots. Rebecca has now gotten both of the vaccines. She was able to get them because she's a substitute school teacher.

I have learned my brother Mike has gotten his because he works for Davis School District and my brother Mark has gotten his because he's a doctor. I will not rest easy until all of us have had a chance to get immunized.

This wearing-a-mask business is driving me CRAZY!!! I cannot stand to wear a mask! I am so glad we don't go out much, because that way I don't have to wear a mask very often.

Hopefully, with the big roll-out of immunizations going on that maybe, perhaps, hopefully, fingers crossed, the finish line will soon be in sight when we can be around people and actually be able to see each other's smiles once again. I miss seeing people's faces.

My latest new recipe was Hearty Spinach Salad with Hot Bacon Dressing. That's quite a title!
Glen has been a very good sport at trying my new recipes. He pronounced this one a success.
The next night I tried out Garlic Mushroom Pasta and paired it with an enhanced spinach salad from the night before.
Every two months, for our health insurance, we have to set new health goals. Starting March 1st, both Glen and I set the goal to drink more water. 

We are finding it a chore to drink so much water during the day. It is also just a guess for us as to how much we are drinking. I am tempted to get some of these jugs and wonder if the time lines would be motivational for us.
The weather has been warming up and despite snow still being on the ground, we enjoyed a nice walk up on Bountiful Boulevard.
So many of the things going on in the world right now just cause us to shake our heads and wonder what people are thinking!! Some of the Dr. Seuss books have been removed from libraries. We have to be so careful about what we write or say so it does not sound racist. 

I feel it necessary to document the ridiculousness of people being up in arms about "Mr." Potato Head. 

Glen and I got excited about this announcement!! We have been waiting for our age group to come available so we can get our Covid-19 immunizations. Surprisingly, I hadn't been able to qualify earlier for severe illness, so we were waiting for our age bracket--which is now March 8th.
I guess this meme turned out to be correct.

We got on the computer and registered ourselves. The week of March 8th was all filled up. We had a choice of March 6th or any day after March 15th. Glen had us click on March 6th...and we didn't get rejected...
I felt a little guilty when I got my confirmation email. But, to our defense, we both filled in our birthdates on the applications. They could have rejected us when that info was entered, but they didn't.
So--take that CORONAVIRUS!!!! 

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

That green salad looked delicious! I love hearing about the new recipes you're trying!