Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Legoland Date Night, Flower Fields Covered In Plastic, Specialized Training

Oh yeah! We were excited! Another date night was upon us! Where were we going? None other than LEGOLAND!!! It's two exits away from us. We have our free passes until the end of the year. We found a restaurant we like there. It is a good place to get a little exercise after sitting all day.

Why not Legoland?!?!?? We were like two kids waiting for Christmas morning!

Upon our arrival we saw the park decked out in Halloween Lego creatures.


Glen was anxious to see if he could beat my score at Ninjago.
Nope!! Still the queen of the game it looks like. Oh my! He's gaining on me.
After he had a lesson on exactly how to move the hand properly to score points, he soared right past me. Quick learner!!
If there is ever an opportunity to pose with a real Lego character, we are right behind the little children waiting in line for a photo op. I'm hoping our grandchildren think we're cool!
I always love a charming ride down Fairy Tale Brook.


We had fun the short time we were at Legoland. We always take advantage of free parking outside the amusement park on the street across from the Flower Fields and went to check it out as we saw a sheen going on.
The Flower Fields are getting covered in sheets of plastic. This is what I learned on the internet about it:

Solarization uses the heat of the sun's rays to literally cook plants, weed seeds, nematodes, insects and soil pathogens (the "bad guy" fungi, bacteria, etc. that brings diseases to plants) in the uppermost layers of soil. It also makes nutrients more available to plants later grown in solarized soil.
Glen snapped a photo of me with some of the Hermanas when we were in Escondido attending a Spanish baptism.
We run into missionaries all the time. Mostly it is in church buildings, but other places as well.

I have only gone to a mall twice in the 1 1/4 years we have lived here. We spend our shopping time at Costco and Walmart. That's it! And that is with a mall less than 2 miles from our home.

Just last week I insisted Glen stay working at his desk responding to the missionaries' letters while I took off for a few hours by myself.

To the mall. It was divine! And look who I saw!
I told the sisters I was looking for a jacket so I wouldn't have to wear my long coat all the time when it gets cold. I shared with them that it was only the second time I have been to the mall since we arrived in the mission.

They looked aghast!

They told me they go shopping almost every P-day and invited me to come along with them whenever I want. It appears they enjoy retail therapy frequently.

Sometimes we take an evening walk on the days we don't have time to do morning exercise before heading out for meetings, interviews or the airport. Glen's favorite is walking near the ocean so the water can calm him. It's the best place to view the sunset.
I have been sad that the Missionary Department did away with zone training meetings. I used to love going to them and watching the zone leaders and sister training leaders do all the training as we just sat back and observed them in action.

With the introduction of "Rescue" by our Area Authority Elder Davis, there has become a need to gather the zones together in a specialized training meeting.
The Carlsbad stake president is getting his stake actively involved and we need to get our missionaries up to date on what the members' efforts will be and what the missionaries' efforts will be as they make home visits together to the various less-active members in the stake.

No comments: