These elders participated in the pie eating contest and Elder Burandt won.
We were running so ragged those first few weeks we were here that I always liked to document when Glen had time to pop himself a bowl of popcorn. It wasn't very often!
Here I am preparing my visual for zone conference. I led a discussion on obedience...which prompted many missionaries to contact the mission president (MP) the weeks following zone conference. Their consciences were pricked. Hurrah!!
"The discipline contained in daily obedience and clean living and wholesome lives builds an armor around you of protection and safety from the temptations that beset you as you proceed through mortality." --Elder L. Tom Perry (Preach My Gospel, pg. 122)
Car inspections were done while the missionaries were attending zone conference.
The missionaries handed in their old phones and received new ones. They were pretty happy about it.
Our assistants Elder Phillips, Elder Ruhl and Elder Glover had noticed how Glen and I like to match what we are wearing, so in honor of us, they were united in their clothing--right down to their floral ties.
We had three different zone conferences and various stake Relief Society presidencies would provide lunch. This particular meal was very fun. The box lunches had stickers on them with different inspirational quotes. The popcorn buckets as centerpieces were very festive and the missionaries (my husband included) loved to eat the popcorn for dessert.
Elder Wockenfuss's mother passed away so he spent the night with us before he flew to Arkansas.
Love the palm-tree lined road at the airport.
The night he returned home, his flight was delayed by HOURS! It was a long wait for us and we got home past missionaries' bedtime, so we had Elder Wockenfuss spend the night with us again.
Our other one was short with the freezer on the top and I felt like I was bending over all the time trying to get anything out of the refrigerator. Also, whenever we closed the fridge, the freezer door would pop open and sometimes it would stay ajar a little bit and the freezer would defrost and everything would be all wet and drippy in there.
I was so happy they replaced the old white refrigerator with a new white refrigerator instead of the newfangled stainless steel ones that show fingerprints way too much. We have a second refrigerator and freezer in the garage. It is awesome!
1 comment:
I love the meal idea with inspirational quotes on the packages and popcorn in the center! I'm storing that away for future Primary training dinners!
Post a Comment