Thursday, December 17, 2015

Our Mission Call Has Arrived!

As Glen and I were doing our usual chatting it up on FaceTime Monday evening, December 7th, I noticed a new email show up in my inbox with this subject line: Mission President Assignment Letter. That caught my attention! This is some of the information included in that email.


The next day I heard a delivery truck stop in front of our house and heard a knock at the door. I looked out the window and what did I see...?
The time had finally arrived for us to learn in what part of the world we will be serving for 3 years. But wait!! I was all alone. Glen was in Minnesota for the week. Ben and Haley were on their honeymoon all week. And our children had instructed us that we all had to be together for the opening of the mission call--just like how it was when the boys were opening their mission calls.

I informed the family our call had arrived and that I'd put it under the Christmas tree and we would open it on Christmas. (Haha!)
The honeymooners arrived safely home from Florida a day later than planned since they had missed their flight due to TSA taking forever to move them along in the security line. I was happy to see them and enjoyed watching them open up their stash of wedding gifts and cards.
Ben and Haley are living here until it is time for Ben's new job with Amazon to begin. They were thrilled to learn they got their first choice pick of Kent, Washington, and will move there once Ben's 7-week training course in California is completed. This all begins the second week in January.
I just love looking at the house all decorated for Christmas. One particular day something caught my eye.



Enough already with the waiting!!! It was time to find out where in the world we are going to be living come July 1, 2016!!
Sunday evening we gathered the group together with Jacob's family tuning in on FaceTime from Houston and Abe's family watching and listening from San Francisco.


 
 


Glen was totally shocked to read in the letter that the current mission president is someone he knows. The Kendricks used to live in Georgia. Hal and Glen worked together when Hal was in the stake YM presidency and Glen was the high councilman over the stake YM. Small world!!
We have both spent time on the phone talking individually with President and Sister Kendrick. One of the things she commented on was how beautiful the weather is in Carlsbad, California.
After getting such a major dump-on of snow earlier this week, her mission weather report made me awfully happy!!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Hooray for sunny California! I'm so excited for you guys!