Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A Home Decorating Little Cookie Monster

This little girl LOVES to eat Oreos when she comes to visit.


So does her sister.


Another thing Brooke loves to do when she is here is redecorate the house. Each month when I put out new seasonal decorations, she always moves them around to her liking. Apparently she and I don't have the same taste in decorating...?

(Note the pile of bunnies on the bookshelf behind Caroline's head.)

One night when Rebecca's family was spending the night here, Brooke was coloring before bedtime and enlisted my help. "Come on, Grandma! Let's make some beautiful pictures for me to hang up!"

She instructed me that we were going to color people in bed sleeping. They had to have a pillow, their eyes had to be closed and they had to have zzzzz's over their heads.

We got quite a pile of pictures completed before she headed off to bed.


The next day I saw how she had beautifully decorated the bedroom where she had been sleeping--strategically placing each piece of precious artwork to her liking.




I'd say if she doesn't have a future career as an artist, she surely will be a very qualified home decorator. She's getting lots of experience at a very young age.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I love those little pictures taped everywhere. I'm excited to see if they're still hanging up when we go up there tomorrow...

jlthomas said...

Very funny! I noticed the bunnies on the shelf right away :)
I loved her pictures too, she is very artistic!