If a conversation starts out, "Mom, what are you doing such and such a day...?" I know I should be worried.
Rebecca started out a conversation like that and included 9 dates in the sentence. And they were 9 full days--like from 8:30 until 3:45. That wasn't including the hour-long drive down there and then the hour-long drive back home.
Someone would have to be crazy to say okay to that--right?!?
Well, call me crazy...
But who wouldn't want to spend that much time with these cute little girls and their baby brother?
We got our system down.
Brooke colored a picture every morning and then cut a piece of paper into small pieces that she wanted to use for tickets to whatever party or show she was planning for that day.
Natalie and Emma--I think we have you to thank for teaching her all about making tickets to a show.
Notice how nicely the girls look with their hair all styled. Brooke wanted Bear's hair to be styled as well so he would be ready to go outside to play.
Spencer didn't need much hair styling, but he did require a feeding of baby food and some playing before he went down for his nap.
Then the girls were free to run outside and play with their friends.
It was a pretty calm autumn day, but every once in a while there would be a little burst of wind that would blow the colored leaves out of the trees.
When this happened, Brooke looked up in surprised delight, squealed and excitedly exclaimed, "LOOK!! It's raining LEAVES!!!!"
Don't let this picture fool you. The wind was NOT whipping up the leaves.
It's just Brooke helping an armload of leaves "rain" on her little sister.
One day when I was down there, I got an added bonus of being able to see Ben. He is now using Rebecca's washer and dryer for his laundry facilities and he's using her as a free lunch.
He always claimed he was going to find a cute girl in Provo to feed him. I guess he found one!
He gave me a hard time when I tried to take his picture that day, so I'm using a picture I took of him and Austin when they stopped by a couple of weeks ago on their way up to Logan.
Rebecca says Caroline got confused and called Ben's friend Awesome instead of Austin.
Let's face it. I think Austin is awesome. I think Ben's other two roommates are awesome as well. He's done an awesome job surrounding himself with awesome friends.
2 comments:
What a good grandma! Thanks for helping me out!
I love this post. You got several good laughs out of me.
You forgot to mention you potty trained Caroline in your time babysitting. The pictures of the kiddos are cute.
I can't wait for my month of Grandma babysitting when I have three kids.
Post a Comment