Sunday, March 6, 2011

Glen's Quotes of the Week Spoken From His Own Lips

After having been on pain medication for two weeks and having not been behind the wheel for that same length of time, Glen says to me as I'm driving him to work last week,

     "I think I would be okay driving."

Isn't that what all drunks and drugies say when they're behind the wheel right before they crash?

Glen went to work every day last week. He worked shorter days, but he worked each day. As he exhaustedly climbed back into the car at the end of his work day, he would give an audible sigh of relief as he settled into the seat. By the last day, he declared,

     "It feels like I've had 5 Mondays this week." 

Each day seemed as long as a week to him.

He was on pain medication at the beginning of the week and by the end of the week he had weaned himself off all medication. As he got in the car Friday afternoon after work, he exclaimed,

     "It's amazing how much better my mind works when it's not all foggy with drugs!" 

He would make an excellent say-no-to-drugs spokesperson!

Here's how my man looks now that he's off drugs. Quite handsome and with no scary eyes. His neck wound is healing and he was able to button up his white shirt and put on a tie today.



Things are definitely improving around here!

No comments: