Klarissa put me to work on Sunday making heart desserts with her new pie pastry gadget. This is how they turned out. I'm anxious to see the pictures of the pastries when she tries to make them. I found it difficult to get them all uniform and to get one that wasn't falling apart. But, they were fun to eat and fit well into the heart theme I personally had going all weekend.
I was so happy to see Fresca's all heart decorated for us when we arrived there for our Valentine dinner celebration. Not so fond of the scary face on the door, but the red heart was beautiful.
Even the hardware store went all out with their paint can heart display in their front window.
Sweetie Pies carried the heart theme to the max and I loved being in there so much. Glen was getting a little sick of all the heart pictures I was taking and I was feeling like Cupid should perhaps shoot an arrow his way.
Every night as we left the city and drove to our hotel, we passed by this darkened area where there was a big red heart all lit up for our enjoyment. It's not the best picture, but if you click on it to make it big, hopefully you'll be able to see the heart.
Ahhhh, what a great Valentine's Day/anniversary celebration all rolled into one terrific weekend. Another "heart"-felt thanks goes out to Abe and Klarissa for being awesome tour guides and even better than that--for being awesome members of this family. I "heart" you both!!
5 comments:
we heart you Kim!
In that last picture you took a picture of what some people call an orb. It is the circle thing in the up part of the image. It is believed to be a spirit captured on camera.
Ever since I got pregnant I believe in orbs. And I pretend they're Eli. Is that creepy?
Gotta love the "giant heart" from a very far distance picture. Abe looked like he was a good sport for all those heart pictures. Dad on the other hand...
Omaha Thomas family (and Golden Family and Excell family and missionary Benjamin as well) we heart you, too!
Dallas, thanks for the orb info. That was news to me. I thought I'd somehow captured a cool photo of the moon along with the heart.
Sarah, you are very perceptive. Abe will give you one happy shot of each pose and if you don't catch it the first time, then you'll see a scowl start to form. Your Dad, on the other hand, is getting more and more unenthused about this blogging stuff because it now means stopping for photos much more frequently than he would like. He's a get from point A to point B as quickly as possible kind of guy, and stopping anywhere along the way just frustrates him immensely.
Sarah--yes, that's creepy.
Post a Comment