Here's my absolute favorite part of any buffet--DESSERT!!--although I would never choose to end my meal with what Jeff chose.
We did learn that if you eat with a pregnant woman, you have to find a lot of these signs and she frequently runs inside when she sees one.
There's only one thing more exciting than Glen being able to go to a BYU football bowl game and that is being able to go see a basketball tournament where BYU is playing during the same time and in the same city. The guy was in athletic hog heaven when he learned that he could not only attend the football game, but also TWO basketball games while we were there.
??!!HOORAY!!??
Fortunately for us, Glen's friend Randy Bambrough and his daughter Hannah were in town for the festivities and so they, Jeff and Glen used the 4 basketball tickets the first game while Sarah and I got to go to a movie. Now, that was an EXCELLENT plan!!
The football game was absolutely, freezing cold. We had a hard time walking from the car to the stadium because the 50 mph winds were trying to hold us back. We were hoping for a reprieve from the wind once we got inside, but it felt colder than a meat locker in there as well. Actually a meat locker sounds more appealing because we wouldn't have had to deal with the wind!
For anyone who wishes he or she had been able to go to the game--BE THANKFUL YOU DIDN'T!!! Sitting in an easy chair in the middle of a comfortable room watching T.V. inside a toasty warm house sounds a whole lot better to me! And you wouldn't have those annoying fans sitting in front of you that try to stand up on every single play and block your view.
Mr. Die-Hard Fan tried to make us sit it out until the bitter end, but eventually we girls wore him down and we got to leave halfway through the 4th quarter. BYU was winning by a landslide anyway. Hallelujah!! In-N-Out never looked so good. But, does Sarah need her head examined? She ordered a milk shake at our post-game meal. BRRRRRRRRR!!
As the saying goes, "All good things must come to an end" and this was the case for us. It was sad when Jeff and Sarah had to leave a day before we were ready to go. I ended up using the second set of basketball tickets. Sorry you missed the winning game, Jeff. I was just happy we were sitting indoors and the wind wasn't blowing while watching that event. And Glen was elated that BYU won the tournament.
I tried to turn every Christmas tree we saw into a Kodak moment, but a couple of guys (and maybe one other gal) refused to pose in front of more than two. So, I'll end this blog entry with our Christmas tree photos.
3 comments:
I was wondering where the other half of our trip was. I didn't notice a "to be continued" at the end of the last post so I assumed you were just trying to forget the freezing game and the thousands of calories.
You got some really cute pictures. Fun, fun trip! GoooooOOOOOO Cougars. I'm glad they won so we didn't have crabby husbands.
BOOOOOOOO!!!!! Bad form, leaving a game early, bad form. That looks like a great trip and I'd gladly trade a couch seat for a stadium seat regardless of the weather.
They had cotton candy at a buffet? Why have we never eaten there?
Mom, I love the windblown-hair look.
Also, good job taking pictures in front of Christmas trees; that last one is perfect!
Post a Comment